Examinations & Evaluations
The examination system stipulated by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi are thoroughly followed.The continuous and cumulative evaluation of the performance of a student will spread over the session. The feature of Continuous and Comprehensive school-based Evaluation is that it is intended to cover a wide range of personality attributes. The scheme covers academic achievements in the school, health status, personal and social qualities, interests, attitudes, values and proficiency in outdoor curricular activities. It will thus cover the co-scholastic aspects of a pupil. 75% attendance in the classes is compulsory for being sent up for the Board Examinations, failing which the students will not be sent up. The scholastic aspects will be evaluated through 5-tier examination system of which the main examinations are First Terminal, Half Yearly and Annual. Two other examinations will be taken through class tests.
Grading & Important Info
A+ : (95% – 100%) – Outstanding
A : (85% – 94%) – Excellent
B+ : (75% – 84%) – Very Good
B : (65% – 74%) – Good
C : (55% – 64%) – Satisfactory
D: (45% – 54%) – Fair
E : (44% and below) – Scope for Improvement
- Class test is taken after the completion of each chapter in each subject.
- The school academic year is divided into three terms and after the First Term. and Half Yearly Examinations the answer papers will be shown to the parents.
- Answer papers of the Annual Examination will not under any circumstances be shown to the parents.
- The result will be intimated to the parents through progress report. Parents/Guardians should go through the progress report, sign it and return it to the school.
- There will be no re-examination for absent students.
- A student who has made arrangements to obtain unfair means in connection with the examinations or otherwise detected any dishonesty what so ever will be debarred from the examination.
- A minimum-attendance of 80% will be required for promotion.
- In order to be promoted a student should secure a minimum of 40%. In all questions of promotion or detention, the decision of school authority is final.